At Max Sports Therapy we use Kinesio Tape to assist in the management of a wide range of injuries.
Kinesio Taping UK is a registered trademark developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase in Japan 25 years ago. The tape can be applied at any stage of injury: Acute, sub acute, chronic, or rehabilitative.
It is used to help:
- Increase range of motion,
- Promote lymphatic drainage – to reduce swelling
- Create a proprioceptive mechanism by activating and inhibiting muscle contraction
- Decrease muscle and fascia tension
- Promote correct posture
- Increase blood flow which also assists in reduction of swelling
Kinesio Taping for sports injuries should only be applied under the guidance of a Kinesio Practitioner. To gain optimum results from the tape it is essential that the tape is applied correctly for the specific condition. Here at Max Sports Therapy we have attained level 1 and level 2 Kinesio Taping which means that you can be confident in the quality of standard of Kinesio Tape application at Max Sports Therapy.
Some features of Kinesio Tex Tape® are:
- 100% cotton and latex free
- Elasticity of up to 30-40% from resting length
- Tape is applied with 10% stretch
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive
- Allows the skin to breathe
- Thickness and weight approximates that of skin
- Easily tolerated
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape
- Elastic properties to help to support and reduce muscle fatigue
- Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application
For further information regarding Kinesio Tape, please see the Kinesio site at http://www.kinesiotaping.co.uk/